TTEK Inc. specializes in developing and deploying technology and services for the optimization of Customs and border processing. Headquartered in Barbados, the company promotes a fusion of leading edge technology products with operational and academic subject matter expertise to help assist nations with modernizing their border processing systems and methodologies. With deep experience in solutions for electronic single window, revenue leakage and risk management, the firm’s product design road-map includes the development of new analytical capabilities using the concepts of machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI).
We are looking for Customs Post Clearance Audit Experts to add to our team of independent associates to help support projects in several international locations.
Responsibilities (includes but not limited to):
· Develop and implement new Customs revenue and audit related processes and policies.
· Work with local Customs administrations and key stakeholders to identify gaps and develop solutions for Customs revenue management and trade compliance.
· Identify cases of Customs revenue leakage and non-compliance, diagnose the causes and develop solutions for international Customs administrations.
· Develop and deliver Training.
· Conduct workshops and meetings to gather information regarding existing programs and future direction.
· Conduct benchmarking deliverables to compare client existing processes with international best practises and standards.
· Establish strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and establish actual and potential dependencies.
· Develop and implement performance management frameworks for PCA programs including key performance indicators and reporting structures.
· Create and deliver presentations to various stakeholders, and facilitating meetings and discussions.
· Provide on the job mentoring to Customs auditors and management.
The candidate should have:
· an ability to synthesize and interpret customer information and provide strategies for change.
· a thorough, but succinct written and oral communication style for customer interactions.
· an ability to work independently, and virtually, for extended periods of time.
· a self-motivated individual with a desire to constantly perform at the highest levels.
· an ability and technical support capacity to work virtually from home and on site with clients in a professional and effective
The candidate must be able and available, where required, to travel (sometimes on short notice) internationally. Travel expenses will be covered by TTEK Inc. or our partners. The Candidate must provide their own equipment including laptop computer, telephone, or any other device needed to accomplish their tasks and deliverables. Candidates must also ensure they are admissible to travel to countries with visa or other requirements.
Qualifications and Capabilities
The qualified candidate must have:
1. A minimum of 15 years of directly related experience in Customs Post Clearance Audit functions including analysis of company books and records for the purposes of confirming trade compliance, revenue leakage or criminal activity.
2. Experience working on international projects such as trade negotiations, capacity building or Customs modernization efforts is an asset.
3. Strong client-service skills and the ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, in English.
4. A proven track record with, and strong commitment to follow, the TTEK values of Integrity, Agility, Perseverance, and Trust. *references may be requested.
Anticipated length of Contract
Estimated start date
Interested, qualified individuals should contact our Chief Services Officer, Brent Patten at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest. Only successful candidates will be contacted.